If you like people, have a passion for scuba diving and want an extraordinary life – become a PADI Instructor. Teaching scuba diving allows you to share your love of the aquatic world with others while doing what you enjoy – being in, around and under water. PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors and PADI Assistant Instructors are the most sought-after dive professionals around the world because they’ve completed the program that sets the standard for training dive professionals. You earn a PADI Instructor rating through hard work and commitment, but you’re rewarded with a job that lets you share incredible underwater adventures with others – transforming their lives for the better and enriching yours.
Among the many strong reasons to choose to do your IDC with Diamond Diving are:
- Great customer service (we organise delivery of study materials direct to you home in advance, plus in depth advice and ongoing coaching on how best to prepare)
- Two days of Instructor Development Course preparation thrown in as part of the deal. We find many candidates really need and appreciate these two days.
- Maximum of five candidates
- An accent on the business side of diving, and ongoing support in finding your first job in the industry via our large network of contacts worldwide
- Alex effectively got trained twice (once as a Translator and the following year for himself)
- A fantastic environment in one of the legendary holiday destinations of the world, The Cote d’Azur!
- A great dive environment on your doorstep with over 30 dive sites we can choose from to complete your Specialty Instructor training
- 96% first time IE pass rate.
Please also read the section “Course Director Alex Diamond” to know more about our IDC programme.
Over 12 days (IDC prep + IDC) + 2 days (EFRI) if needed
- 2 Days of IDC preparation (OFFERED): your prior knowledge of dive theory and quality of skill demonstrations will be checked and brought up to speed.
- 10 Days of IDC: the IDC teaches you to conduct all PADI core courses. You’ll be able to organize and present information, conduct skill development sessions and control open water dives. Basically, you become a better public speaker and get really good at demonstrating skills while watching out for student diver safety. Once it’s done you can go for the IE (Instructor Examination).
- Instructor Examination (IE): Examiner sent by PADI will test you over 2 days.
- IDC prep + IDC = €1550
- IDC kit: To attend to this course you will need an IDC Candidate Crew pack, and all student materials from the PADI system (if you are a candidate crossing over from another teaching organisation). The latter is available as a crossover kit. We can supply these kits to your home or work address for €535 and €200 respectively.
- Application & membership fees for OWSI €187,20 paid directly to PADI
- EFRI: €300 for the course + €200 for the EFRI kit
- Application & membership fees for the EFRI €116,40 paid directly to PADI
- Instructor Exalination: €651,60 paid directly to PADI
- 18 years old
- At least 60 logged dives and 100 dives to attend an IE.
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
You also need to be an Emergency First Response Instructor, but you can earn this rating during your instructor training.
25th November to 10th December (Exam in Cannes)
17th March to 1st April (Exam in St Raphael)
20th May to 3rd June (Exam in St Raphael)
27th October to 9th November (Exam in St Raphael)