If you like people, have a passion for scuba diving and want an extraordinary life – become a PADI Instructor via the PADI Instructor Development Course. Teaching scuba diving allows you to share your love of the aquatic world with others while doing what you enjoy – being in, around and under water. PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors and PADI Assistant Instructors are the most sought-after dive professionals around the world because they’ve completed the program that sets the standard for training dive professionals. You earn a PADI Instructor rating through hard work and commitment, but you’re rewarded with a job that lets you share incredible underwater adventures with others – transforming their lives for the better and enriching yours.
Among the many strong reasons to choose to do your IDC with Alex and Diamond Diving or Cap Ferrat Diving are:
- Great customer service (we provide in depth advice and ongoing coaching on how best to prepare)
- Two days of Instructor Development Course preparation thrown in as part of the deal. We find many candidates really need and appreciate these two days.
- Maximum of five candidates
- An accent on the business side of diving, and ongoing support in finding your first job in the industry via our large network of contacts worldwide
- Alex effectively got trained twice (once as a Translator and the following year for himself)
- A fantastic environment in one of the legendary holiday destinations of the world, The Cote d’Azur!
- A great dive environment on your doorstep with over 30 dive sites we can choose from to complete your Specialty Instructor training
- 96% first time IE pass rate.
Please also read the section “Course Director Alex Diamond” to know more about our IDC programme.
Over 12 days (IDC prep + IDC) + 2 days (EFRI) if needed
- 2 Days of IDC preparation (free of charge): your prior knowledge of dive theory and quality of skill demonstration will be checked and brought up to speed.
- 10 Days of IDC: the IDC teaches you to conduct all PADI core courses. You’ll be able to organize and present information, conduct skill development sessions and control open water dives. The new curriculum has a highly interactive workshop based approach that reinforces learning, judgement and initiative and prepares you to hit the ground running as a newly qualified PADI Instructor. Upon completion and after consultation with your Course Director you can attend an IE (Instructor Examination).
- Instructor Examination (IE): Examiner sent by PADI to check your knowledge and capabilities over 2 days.
- IDC prep + IDC = €1450
- IDC kit: To attend to this course you will need the online IDC Candidate Crew pack (together with teaching slates) and all student materials from the PADI system (if you are a candidate crossing over from another teaching organisation). The latter is available as an online crossover kit. We can supply these kits to your home or work address for €690 and €300 respectively.
- Application & membership fees for OWSI €258 paid directly to PADI
- EFRI: €300 for the course + €300 for the EFRI kit
- Application & membership fees for the EFRI rating €160.80 paid directly to PADI
- Instructor Examination: €891.60 paid directly to PADI
- 18 years old
- At least 60 logged dives and 100 dives to attend an IE.
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
You also need to be an Emergency First Response Instructor, but you can earn this rating during your instructor training.
Session 1 : CAP FERRAT DIVING. 3rd to 14th April. Exam Cavalaire 15/16 April.
Session 2 : AQUALONDE PLONGEE. 3rd to 14th July. Exam tbc.
Session 3 : CAP FERRAT DIVING. 9th to 22nd September. Exam St Raphael. 23/24 September.
Session 4 : AQUALONDE PLONGEE. 5th to 17th November. Exam Cavalaire. 18/19 November.