Once you have become an OWSI it is vital to distinguish yourself from the pack so you can find the best possible vacancy. One way to do this is showing employers how serious you are about your future chosen career. With a number of Specialty Instructor ratings from the start you will become a Master Scuba Diver Trainer (five specialty instructor ratings & 25 student certifications) more quickly. You will be more valuable to yourself, employers and student divers.
By choosing between five and six specialties appropriate to where you will be teaching (and mastering them correctly) you immediately increase your employability as a newly qualified Instructor.
This rating is the next step up the professional ladder and is a prerequisite for IDC Staff Instructor as well as for many TecRec Instructor ratings.
Over 3 days.
- How to organise and correctly teach any given specialty
- All of the practical performance requirements for each course together in the water
- You teach one part of the theory and one performance requirement in the water
- We look in detail at pricing, standards and marketing for each course
Specialty Instructor ratings that we teach include:
- Digital Photography
- Dry Suit
- Enriched Air (Nitrox)
- Search & Recovery
- Aware Fish Identification
- Surface Marker Buoy
- Aware Shark Conservation.
It is also possible to do Specialty Instructor Training “a la carte”, just call or e-mail for a quote.
- 18 years old
- Have completed all of the performance requirements of an IDC
The course can be organised by request but we also set dates for 2020 as follows:
14 – 16 January
31 March – 2 April
26 – 28 May
28 – 30 September
8 – 10 December